Monday, December 26, 2011

What is this? .......dance

A spiritual journey through space......

I often like to take walks by myself, and watch the people pass by, time and space, here, seem aligned and together.
I see so many faces, so many facts, so many of those I wish to get to know, date, fuck, be-friend, choreograph, touch, massage, speak to, feed, drink, smell, dance with....Or maybe, I am already doing all of that simply by being with them, by being present.

Perhaps we do not have to do so much, to do everything. Because of my walking, my paths, my standing, people have to move in relations to me. Due to physics and other chemical realities, we cannot move through each other, but, rather, with each other. The atoms we carry call for gravity between us, a relationship so deep, so essential, we often forget its existence--yet it helps us to create an order to our world, our perceptions, our minds, our bodies.

As I move through people, I enter their lives, even for a second, they see this Native Man, this Joto, this whatever...and then I leave.........so impermanent it seems, a dance i have created, choreographed, with my dancing-walking body.

Perhaps this is the license I get as an artist, as a choreographer, to call what I see fit as dance. Not necessarily everything, but that which I see fit. Though, there is not much I would exclude as dance, I must say, why it is dance is much more important, much more meaningful than "being called dance". Perhaps it is in the why, the conceptualization, the practice, the continuance that keeps Art alive. It is against the practical, against the name, it is the wonder, the wander.

It is there, that I find my place in my work. As it is made, I do not try to name it, I do not try to capture it, I try to wonder, to wonder, to walk through my own creation and let my presence, my gravity shape what is already there....

Maybe this is the sacredness The Creator has given us...the gravity of relationship between all of us, living things, all of us humans.....

My dance, the art, the piece, the pieces, they all, are, A spiritual journey through space......

1 comment: