Learning to be an adult.
By Cuauhtemoc Peranda
I am wiring this not because I am tired of you bitches.
****please listen to song “shitty fagots” by Sophia Lamar*****
Well, I am not too tired of ya’ll…more just tired with life and this craziness that is the hangover of college: adulthood.
So I wanted to smack ya’ll in some knowledges that I have since aquired in this short time of gradschool/adulthood.
1) Respect your elders. They have great wisdom, and there are always those more ancient than you. And when you are the oldest person in the world, well, deal with it. You’re kind of the source of knowledge. NOW that you are an adult, truly, on par with all of them, note, you have little power, though you are not a kid, you have almost no say in the world….but you can try, and you can werk! And boom, you become an elder at 23……it does happen…
2) YOU ARE NOT PRIVILLEGED, SO STOP FEELING ENTITLED!!! (well, if you are a straight white male with a good-to-do family, go ahead and fill entitled, werk it (as you already are) and get all you “deserve”, I would werk it too!). If you went to college, hey, guess what, it wasn’t a guarantee on anything!!!! There are people with PhD’s, BA’s, Masters, etc out of work, working at Wal*Mart…I Know, I work with them.
a. Just because you have a degree, doesn’t mean squat. What you do with it, how you network, etc, that what matters….so suck some dick and kiss ass, it’s important!
b. All humans are sexual people, it’s pretty easy to control others by improving your sex appeal (there are statics on this).
c. The UNIVERISTY was originally made for the study of Arts, Humanities, and Sciences. What the fuck does that mean? Well, lets see, all 3 are interested in 1 question: WHAT MAKES UP THE WORLD IN WHICH WE LIVE? Hmmmm. So in that case, the College system is made to expand your mind, and improve your life by teaching you how to learn, create, explore, test, evaluate and analyze, report, research, continue, and contemplate. That’s all. The arts, the sciences, and the Humanities are all the same, really, look into them, they just use different tools….reality is a funny puzzle, and it is taking many many many years to figure it all out….but that is college….try not to expect anything else.
d. COLLEGE NOW DAYS HAVE BECOME A VOCATIONAL SCHOOL. This means, you learn a trade, and you do that trade. Engineering, Medicine, Law, Business, Education, etc… in these field, you may expect a job out of the schools. You may feel entitled, cuz there is work out there fore you…and it is easy to get. No grants, no proposals…there is a way to werk! And work will come….but do not expect to have an open mind of wonder and questions, you do your work, and you have money, be happy.
i. Ya’ll need to learn how to be poor.
ii. Living on coupons, etc.
f. Look. I was one of the most decorated graduates of Stanford University. I work at wal*mart. What’s up? Doesn’t make sense? Well I need to pay rent, I need to eat, so umm, yeah… that’s life for me at the moment. I do have an education, therefore there is possibility for me, and if not, I can make it happen….others at wal*mart are not so lucky…. And for them, My heart sinks dearly, and I wish them the best!
g. I want to tell you, those who have a bit of money/income. Be thankful every day you need not worry about how to pay your medical, housing, food, and dental bills too much. Be thankful you can go to clubs and blow 20, not see that as a weeks worth of food for me…be thankful that for a birthday you see spending 17-23 dollars on a meal is fine. Be thankful that you make so much. And most importantly GIVE TO YOUR FRIENDS WHO ARE LESS FORTUNATE! I love to say give to the needy, but there are those needy in your friend groups! MLK was not rich, Neither were a lot of Nobel Prize winners, and great artist….it seems we do not pay the visionaries much. Before and after their work, just for their work….but then how do they ever get the works done? They starve in poverty. What a great mech. Of control!!! Good job America….
3) RACISM STILL EXIST
a. I am brown, its scary
b. My name is Cuauhtemoc Peranda. I will now force you to pronounce it!!!! I am tired of the laziness, and the fear. Do not fear me!!
c. Black men, who “make it” I don’t know how you avoid prison and being a pimp….it seems that’s all anyone expects of you.
d. Women, I feel for you and how bad men treat you…
e. Ladies, take care of yourself!
f. Queer people of color. Everyone hates you. Especially you that are bisexual. But you better werk! Otherwise, you will die. End of story.
4) UNDOCUMENTED IMMERGRANTS, DEAL. SOME OF YOU, I HAVE NO SYMPATHY. BUT THERE ARE THOSE I WILL REACH OUT TO! THE ONES WITH PRIVLLEGE, DEAL. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MY FAMILY HAS HAD TO GO THROUGH DOING THE LEGAL ROUTE.
5) GAYS, GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE. MARRIAGE IS NOT THE BIGGEST DEAL RIGHT NOW. HIV MEDICATION AND WORKPLACE/SOCIAL RIGHTS ARE MUCH MORE IMPORANT. MARRIGAE IS JUST AND EFORCEMENT OF RULES ON YOU. YES IT IS GOOD FOR THOSE WHO WANT IT, BUT DAMN!!!
6) Sexuality is changing, what was once the masc. man is now the jocky/twink but now, it is changing back to a more masculine model…women are also becoming wanted to be more curvy…interesting….
To be in a adult means a lot of things.
But how do u be one?
Do what you enjoy
Spend what little money you can
Give back to others.
--this is my spending money
--on Fridays I go out for dancing and 1 drink
--have dinner parties, small potlucks
--work my ass off
--try to do what I love every day, for at least 15 min a day
--stay healthy, brush, floss, bathe
--keep myself clean
--be a good citizen, be and activist, vote and volunteer and protest
if a mother, raise your children to become all they can be.