Saturday, October 1, 2011

MItote Warrior

This is a very powerful speech.
It is short, and I encourage everyone to watch it, listen to it, feel it, and contemplate it.

I feel it is true!
"we think too much, and feel too little....."


"...more than machinery, we need humanity; more than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness--without these qualities life will be violent and all will be lost..."









WHY do I make art?
WHY DO I DANCE?

Because, When i dance, I return power to the people. Power to artist, to humanity, to the world.
When I dance, I go into battle, to use and utilize my freedom, to use myself, my art, my expression, my communication, my body, my mind, my spirit.
And.
When I dance,
I invigorate you. I let you feel something more. I express, you receive, we commune.
My dancing is a public service.
My dance is an art, a fine art, a public art, a valuable art, an important art, my art, me.
My role is life is to live as a dancer and choreographer!


HOW DO WE MAKE DANCE IMPORTANT TO OUR LIVES?
It may not pay us.
It may not be able to support us forever.
But in it, we can set ourselves free.
comes our house of light
our freedom
to dance is a radical thing to do
people have died, die, for dancing, so that you may dance, so that we may dance.
dance is a powerful, huge, and wondrous art!

Let us dance.


No comments:

Post a Comment