Monday, November 2, 2015

Do not love recklessly

I learned that the most dangerous heart is that which does not know what love entails but carelessly ensnares another.
I learned that the most dangerous heart is from one that claims to love you earnestly but without commitment; bolts with the wind when reality sets in and finds the object of affection less favourable than its ideals or set expectations.
I learned that the most dangerous heart is that which can change in a heartbeat and discard another ruthlessly - numb, with no care of how painful, traumatic and heartbreaking it would be.
I learned that words of love are so good to hear and it is prudent not to trust them. These can just be words without any meaning.
I learned that people you love most can be the ones to not mind turning your world upside down and leave you out hanging to dry.
I learned that love is a choice and a commitment to an imperfect person. It is complete acceptance of both light and darkness.
I learned that love is a journey of happy and wholehearted compromises. We can't always have all the qualities and conditions we look for but we can choose to learn and appreciate our differences; motivate each other for the better.
Believe in love but DO NOT LOVE RECKLESSLY.
- Charis Gaye Dagoc

No comments:

Post a Comment